At the young age of 23 and getting married; I was one of the first of my friends to have a wedding. Who to choose? I had 6 people in my bridal party so it was kinda bigger than I wanted. If I would have choosen everyone that I listed to be bridesmaids then I would have about 15 girls and that way to big. I also wanted to make sure that the amount of girls I was going to have would match the amount of guys Mike was going to have. Luckily it did!
Maid of Honor: Chelsea
One of my best friends and sorority sister. Instant connection during recruitment then a sister for life. She is the one that get me and reserved. She understood my vision.
Jr. Maid of Honor: Mackenzie
My biological sister. Is a jr. maid of honor because she is only 13. Known my whole life. She is the little sister and very hyper.
Bridesmaid: Becca
Met in sophmore year of high school in gym class through invisible friends of Bob and Gary (inside joke). Still one of my best friends and the mother of the ring bearer. Reserved and understand.
Bridesmaid: Karen
Met in junior year of high school through field hockey. Both worked at IHOP (or IHELL). A best friend. My head strong lady that get anything done.
Bridesmaid: Lindsey
Another best friend. Met in community college in my first class, child psychology. My advice giver.
Jr. Bridesmaid: Taylor
Mike's cousin, practically little sister. We met at a family gathering sometime while Mike and I were dating. She is shy and quiet.
Flower Girl: Chloe
2 years old and has an attitude (lol). She is Mike's cousin, Brittany, daughter.
How did I ask them?
I went to Michael's and bought a birdhouse stamp and some cards that were on sale. I stamped each of the cards with the birdhouse since I knew that is what I wanted in my theme. I then wrote a poem, a personalized note, and included printouts from the knot.com on expectations of the bridesmaid. I did this so that way all the bridesmaid knew what they were getting into.
The poem I wrote was similar to this that I found online:
The day, the dress
The bride, the groom
The joy, the tears
Will all come so soon
Professing true love
To my husband-to-be
With family and friends
All watching me
I hope the sun will
Be shining down,
Keep your fingers crossed
That I'll fit in my gown…
But there's just one more thing
that there needs to be…
and that's to have you
Standing with me!
Will you be my bridesmaid?
![]() |
| Chelsea,Mackenzie,Me,Becca,Karen,Lindsey Not pictured: Chloe,Taylor Rehersal Dinner May 18,2012 Suffolk,VA |

No comments:
Post a Comment