Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Name Creation

So why did I choose to name my blog "A Perfect Pebble".  If you really knew me well then you would understand I have an obsession perhaps or a great appreciation for penguins (Chinstraps preferably). Penguins are monogamous in their relationships and while they are mating for the season. Males put on a show for those single ladies out their because in the end it is FEMALE choice. That's right the ladies get a say in the penguin world. Males will start the courtship with certain displays of either plumage (feathers) or by calls; them trying to show the females they are hot stuff. Once the females choose the male she would like, the bond is sealed by a male penguin finding a perfect pebble for the female. Of course she does have to accept the pebble. The pebble symbolizes the start of a nest. Most penguins nest on on the rocky parts of the land and build rock nests to support the eggs.

Right before I went on a study abroad trip to Antarctica, yes that's right Antarctica. I'll share that experience in another post later on. Mike and I have been dating over 2 years and we have discussed the possibility of marriage in our future. Right before I left to see the bottom of the world, Mike came to Virginia Tech to help me pack up my stuff and send me off on the plane (that was the worst feeling I have ever felt, leaving someone you desperately love). The night of 12/11/10, the both of us went to have dinner with a bunch of sorority sisters at Gillie's, after dinner we went back to a hotel room Mike was staying in for the weekend. While I was packing up some items for my big and first trip abroad, Mike went to his bag and got something out. I turned around and found Mike on one knee asking for my hand in marriage. My first reposnse was "No,No,No,No.....No", I was more surprised then anything but my last answer was YES! I was shaky and crying and he had to hold my hand in order to put the ring because I was an emotional mess (a good mess though). It finally came true, I found my soul mate (penguin). My penguin found me the perfect pebble and I accepted it. Now we can began nesting into our lives. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take my engagment ring to Antarctica because Mike was afraid I would lose it and know my luck there is a chance of that happening.

Here is a video of the movie I remember when I was younger called the "The pebble and the penguin". This might be the cause of my penguin love:

No comments:

Post a Comment